While the deliberation is on for RUGA, weather the Federal Government is bluffing or some other bodies playing pranks to grab lands; on a lighter note there is always positive insights to everything negative and we must learn to see it.
Not that I am in support of land grabbing travelers.
Here are nine advantages drawn from this RUGA talk, of course with everyone taking land where they belong.
Ruga will create lots of job opportunities, especially fr those whose labour strength are physical, we have enough of them in Nigeria. The ‘shirt’ is not meant for everyone during work.
All I See In RUGA Is Jobs:
1. RUGA will employ more than 5000 qualified vetinary doctors nationwide.
2. RUGA will employ more than 6000 persons in the grass farming business.
3. Abattoir services around the RUGA States will employ another 3000 or more.
4. Pharmacy services for veterinary doctors around these RUGA States will employ additional 1000-2500.
5. Sanitary Inspections officers will be employed to control hygiene in the RUGA States. Maybe another 500-1000.
6. More 1000-2500 Quarantine officers will be needed to control, constrain, and contain movement of unhealthy or infected cows.
7. Milk and other diary products factory will employ more than 5000-10,000 factory hands.
8. Middlemen around the supply chain in the RUGA value chain can take upward of 50,000 people.
9. In Cross River State for example, RUGA States can buy rice seedlings from the seedling factory in Calabar to feed to cows. The factory can employ more than 1000-5000 people just taking orders from RUGA States.
Let’s not close our minds to positivity. If China, Switzerland, Ireland, Sweden, and Australia can do it, Nigeria can do too.