Four children have lost their lives in a fire incident in Rumuchakara village, Choba, in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The said incident occurred in the early morning of Monday, according to a source.
The source, who gave his name as Innocent Chuku, said the four children were sleeping when fire gutted their room.
Chuku said three of the children were of the same parents, while the fourth came to visit the family some days ago before the incident.
He said the victims, who were primary school children, had used candles to do their assignments, but had slept off without putting out the burning candle.
Chuku alleged that the fire was from the candle, noting that before the parents of the kids had got hint of the fire from their own room, smoke had already taken over the entire building.
Website Designing/Management/Social Media - Iyanu Victor
He said: “There was a fire incident at the Rumuchakara area of Choba. Four children were burnt to death.
“Three died in the room, while the fourth one died at the hospital where he was rushed to.”
It is really a painful experience. The kids used candles to read and do their homework.
Certified French Tutor in Nigeria with Years of Experience - Ms Blessing Akpan
“They forgot to turn off the candle. The fire came from there. They were in the same house with their parents, but it is a two bedroom apartment.
“Their parents were in their own room. Before they realised what was happening, the fire had taken over the building.”