THE Congress of Nigerian Universities Academics (CONUA) held an emergency meeting today 4th October, 2022 at the UNIBEN Sports Complex car park between 3 and 4.30pm and unanimously resolved that:
- Members should resume work unfailingly tomorrow Wednesday 5th October, 2022.
- Any attack, physical or verbal by any member(s) of the striking ASUU should be promptly reported to the university management.
- Members should commence teaching and project supervision immediately.
- Members were briefed and assured that march, April and May salaries will be paid along October salary while June, July, August and September salaries will be paid with November salary.
- Members were further informed that the IPPIS payment platform has been modified to accommodate all academic earned allowances.
- Members expressed appreciation to the federal government for the recognition and registration of our great, dynamic and responsible union.
Prof V.O Igbineweka
Chairman, CONUA UNIBEN chapter