Cristiano Ronaldo asks Juventus to bench him

Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, told manager Max Allegri to leave him on the bench in their opening game to Udinese in Serie A.

 

Ronaldo has just 12 months left on his £25million-a-year contract at Juventus with no indication he will be offered an extension.

 

The 36-year-old has reportedly been offered to Manchester City, as he eyes a move away from Italy.

 

Italian journalist, Fabrizio Romano, on Sunday claimed Ronaldo’s absence from the starting XI is a request by the player himself “because he hopes to find a solution” in the transfer market over the coming days.

 

Romano, however, added that no official bids have been lodged for the Portugal captain.

 

 


Ahead of the game, Allegri claimed Ronaldo had told him he would be staying at the club.

Website Designing/Management/Social Media – Iyanu Victor

 

This summer, Ronaldo has been strongly linked with a move away from Turin with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United all touted as possible destinations.

 

Max Allegri played down any suggestion that Ronaldo is looking to leave earlier this week though.

 

“[Ronaldo] has never expressed a desire to leave,” he said.

Certified French Tutor in Nigeria with Years of Experience – Ms Blessing Akpan

 

“He has told me that he’s staying, so we can clear that one up.”

 

However, it appears as though Ronaldo may now have changed his mind with just over a week left of the transfer window.

 

No official bids have been made to Juventus, it is reported, but Ronaldo recently made it clear that a return to the Bernabeu is out of the question.

Cristiano Ronaldo asks Juventus to bench him
Cristiano Ronaldo asks Juventus to bench him

Ronaldo said: “Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work. Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career.

 

 


“However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.

 

“More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.

 

“My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines. It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club.

 

“And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for ‘merengue afición’, an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish.

 

“I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.

 

“As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.

 

 


“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face.

 

“Everything else? Everything else is just talk.”

Follow Us On Telegram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *