Dr. Michael Tidi: We must abide by the state government’s directives – – Chairman of Warri South Local Government Area, Dr. Michael Tidi, has tasked people living in Warri South to abide by the maximum of 50 persons allowed by the state government to attend marriage and burial ceremonies across the state for now, insisting burial of corpses from other parts of the country must be done the same day they arrive the LGA.
Dr. Michael Tidi, reiterated in a statement released on Sunday May 3rd, that restaurants, eateries and canteens operating in Warri South Local Government Area, are to operate on takeaway basis,while hotels will be allowed to open with in – room dinning only.
The Warri South Council Boss, on Sunday morning stressed that commercial bus, taxi, boat and tricycle operators, will only be permitted to operate with highly reduced number of passengers, in line with the state government’s directive.
Recall that the Delta state government, while announcing relaxation of the lockdown ordered that –
1. Inter-State lockdown continues for another two weeks. Only essential supplies such as food/agricultural, medicals/pharmaceuticals and petroleum products are exempted from this order between 6am – 7pm only.
2. Face Masks is mandatory for all residents in the State to wear face masks in public effective Thursday, 30th April 2020.
3. Partial Lifting of Ban on Movements/Markets and Businesses within the State Ban on intra-state movements for purposes of business/economic activities have been partially lifted between the hours of 6am and 6pm. Markets are to open only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8am to 4pm in locations that may be determined by Chairmen of Local Councils.
4. Curfew: The curfew in the State still remains from 7.00pm – 6.00am except for Medical Personnel on Call or Emergency Duties.
5. Weddings and Burials: Burials and weddings will be allowed (without receptions) and attendance must not
exceed 50 persons. Social distancing rule (6ft apart) must be adhered to. Burial of Corpses from Other Parts of the Country
i. Corpses must be buried the same day they arrive the State (in the presence of assigned LGA Staff)
ii. Contact details of all persons accompanying corpses and those at the burials must be submitted.
7. Restaurants/Eateries/ Canteens Restaurants/Eateries/Canteens are to operate on takeaway basis only. In- dining services are prohibited.
8. Hotels will be allowed to open with in-room dining only.
10. Transport Services (Land and Water) – Transport services (Keke, Taxis, Buses and Boats) are allowed to
operate with highly reduced number of passengers. Use of face masks and hand sanitizers is mandatory.
Inter-State motor parks and garages in the State remain closed till further notice .
13. Public Service Workers on Grade Level 12 and above are to resume work immediately. Office Hours shall
be 8am – 2pm.
15. If you fall sick or identify anyone showing symptoms If you fall sick with a fever, cough and/or breathlessness, please do not panic. Call the help lines below for guidance: 0803 123 0480; 0803 123 0481; 0803 123 0528; 0803
123 0529 16. Violation of these Directives and Relevant Laws Violators of these directives and relevant laws will be prosecuted (without fear or favour) and sent to Isolation Centres.
Whistleblowers are encouraged to report anyone who flouts these directives and they are guaranteed utmost confidentiality and full protection.
Please stay indoors, wash your hands regularly and go out only when it is necessary.