Ebute Metta Building Collapse: Death toll rises to 10

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), on Monday, said that the death toll at the collapsed three-storey building in the Ebute Metta area has increased to 10.

 

Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, the Zonal Coordinator, South-West, NEMA, confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

 

“Two additional bodies including a four-year-old boy and a female youth corps member recovered, making 10 deaths.

El blends valentins Day

 

“The number of rescued occupants remains 23, while six males and four females have been so far recovered dead,” Farinloye told NAN.

 

Recall that a three-storey building collapsed on Sunday at about 10.56 p.m. on 24 Ibadan Street, Herbert Macaulay Way, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by GBETU TV (@gbetutv)

The Head, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, Margaret Adeseye, confirmed the development in a statement on Sunday.

Website Designing/Management/Social Media – Iyanu Victor

 

She noted that some people, who resided in the building that collapsed, had been trapped, adding that a search and rescue operation was ongoing to rescue the trapped victims.

 

However, rescue operations are still ongoing at the site of the incident in search of occupants trapped under the rubble.

Follow Us On Telegram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *