Mr. Abbas Lakis was arrested at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, following a tip off that he had on him, undeclared huge sums of monies aboard the Egypt Airline bringing him from the Kano Airport en route Lebanon.
On him was found:
– $2,104,936 (Two Million, One Hundred and Four Thousand, Nine Hundred and Thirty six Dollars),
– £163, 740 (One Hundred and Sixty Three Thousand, Seven Hundred and Forty Pounds),
– €144,680 (One Hundred and Forty Four Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty Euros).
Other currencies found with Lakis include:
– Riyal 391,838 (Three Hundred and Ninety One Thousand, Eight Hundred and Thirty Eight Riyals),
– CHF 3,420 (Three Thousand Four Hundred and Twenty Swiss Franc),
– Lira 435 (Four Hundred and Thirty five Lira),
– £109,000 (One Hundred and Nine Thousand Lebanese Pounds),
– Dirhams 10,135 (Ten Thousand One Hundred and Thirty Five UAE Dirhams)
– ¥10,000 (Ten Thousand Chinese Yuan)
– Riyal10 (Ten Qatar riyal), in his possession.
Lakia will be charged as soon as investigations are concluded.