Church Ethics is an important teaching many believers fail to learn. Understanding church ethics will guide you to be a good follower of Christ. Remember irrespective of the freedom, the church is not a play ground, presentation always matter.
Below are Ten (10) important ethics to follow when going to church and when in church;
1. Stop going to church with bathroom slippers, short knickers, and hair nets.
You will not just look unsightly, you will make the church look unsightly. It gives you a presentation before others.
2. Always carry a Bible to church.
It is not about the Bible, it is you supporting your convictions and telling the world where you stand. You may not read from your Bible in church because of the one on the screen, but never leave it at home when you go to church. There are things God will want to tell you from the Bible that may not be on the one displayed on the screen.
Website Designing/Management/Social Media – Iyanu Victor
3. When you go to give testimony, please, use your allotted time.
Keep to time, don’t preach another sermon. Stop telling unnecessary stories, go straight to the point.
4. Don’t disobey the ushers. Any sit they give to you, go there and sit down. Stop sizing ushers and insisting on a particular or favorite place to sit! The ushers are like the angels of the Lord that knows where you will actually be well positioned to get your blessing from the service. When you disrespect them, you disrespect the leader of the church.
Certified French Tutor in Nigeria with Years of Experience – Ms Blessing Akpan
5. Offering time is not a time to ease yourself or meditate.
It is not a good thing to appear before God without an offering in your hands, except you don’t have. Also ensure you give your children their offering before you send them to their classes so they won’t be left out.
6. When it is time for praise and worship, get up, rejoice and dance.
It is foolishness to assume you are bigger than God or you are doing God a favor by worshipping him. Don’t make yourself look like a statute when others are shouting with joy and excitement when praising God. You can shout and dance in parties but when you come to church you will be forming. Who are you forming for?
7. When the preacher is preaching, concentrate.
Stop re-preaching and rehearsing how you would have delivered the sermon better in your mind. Be excited at the entrance of the word of God. Receive the word with joy and make amends when necessary. If the message touches some areas you don’t like, see it as God speaking to you, not that somebody went to tell pastor about you.
8. After service, go home.
You can fellowship with the brethren before leaving, but Stop hanging around to gossip, after the grace, exchange pleasantries with people and go home!
9. Stop Forming Clicks/ Cliques/Cartels And Gangs.
Exchange greetings with new faces. Stop making people feel neglected. Flow with everyone in the church, they are your brothers and sisters in Christ.
10. If you drive to church, on your way home, go along with church members THAT YOU KNOW.
Don’t just drive as if you will loose fuel by going home with them. It is wickedness and not a fruit of the spirit. Some people will even bring down their windscreen and exchange greetings with a brother trekking under the sun instead of them to pick them up! Repent!
When there is program in the church, go to church. Don’t say you will stream online, Jesus died for you at Calvary and not on a website!
Ensure you are in the church on time, don’t be late.
BEING IN CHURCH IS NOT FOR THE GOOD OF GOD NOR FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR PASTOR, BUT FOR THY OWN GOOD:THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE IN CHURCH THAT YOU CAN’T GET ON MEDIA OR TV.
– HEB.10:25 ; PSALM 133.