Generator fume kill 5 members of a Family at River State

Tragedy as generator fume kill five members of a family on Tuesday, 14th August, at Igboh Community in Etche local Government Council area of Rivers state.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

The family according to neighbors died due to suffocation as a result of inhaling the fumes produced by the generator. They kept the generator in their bathroom all night.

Concerned neighbors who did not see them wake on  Tuesday morning were curious and after several
calls on them with no response from the apartment forced the entrance door open, only to find them

The Paramount ruler of Igboh, Eze Samuel Amaechi, also confirmed the incident, describing it as sad and a tragedy to the Kingdom of Igboh. He said the kingdom has started the sensitization of
members of his kingdom on the dangers of locking up a generating sets in enclosures where people live.

“Yesterday, I was informed that a family of five died after inhaling carbon monoxide from their generating set. This is not the first time it has happened. Prior to this time we have warned residents to always keep their generating sets far away from the house if they are going to bed because  generator fumes are dangerous to the human body,” he said.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Their bodies were later deposited in a morgue at Umuebulu in Etche amidst wailing by
friends and neighbours to the deceased family members.

Follow Us On Telegram __________________________ Join us on WhatsApp ______________________________

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *