HINTS FROM APC CAUCUS AND NEC MEETINGS.
1. The National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, protested the attendance of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State and Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State at the meeting as they were not invited since they like Senator Rochas Okorocha were still under suspension and no invitation was extended to them for the meeting. But after a long debate, they were allowed to stay so as to listen to the allegations against them.
2. The Party Chairman thereafter briefed the meeting about the anti-party activities of the Governor Rotimi Akeredolu; how money meant for the party in Ondo State was hijacked and diverted to work for Action Alliance at the last election.
3. The party regretted the loss of the Presidential election in Ondo State due to the anti-party activities of the Party Leader and the State Chairman of the Party.
4. The party affirmed and ratified the suspension of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Senator Rochas Okorocha and Senator Ibikunle Amosun from the party until when a Committee to be set up submits its report about their anti-party. The party resolved that no one is indispensable.
5. The party is to set up a Presidential Committee to move round the States and reconcile the members of the party and investigate the anti-party activities where applicable.
6. The party resolved that henceforth, all Party primaries shall be by Direct Primary election.
7. The Meeting passed a vote of confidence on the National Chairman for his Leadership quality and for ensuring discipline in the party.
At today’s NEC and APC CAUCU meeting, issue of suspension was not discussed as decisions have been taken and resolutions passed on them at the caucus yesterday.
Many other issues that can move the party forward were discussed.
Finally, President Muhammadu Buhari made it clear that he doesn’t have the intention of extending his tenure in office beyond 2023.