The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has released the Form-EC8D and Form-EC8E for the Edo Governorship Election in which Gov. Godwin Obaseki recently got re-elected.
The Form-EC8D and Form-EC8E are documents recording votes from units to state.
Basically they are: Form-EC8A, Form-EC8B, Form-EC8C, Form-EC8D and Form-EC8E.
- The Polling-units Results are recorded inside the Form-EC8A at the end of the election at each polling-unit.
2. At the Wards Collation Centres, the results of all the Polling-units are Collated inside the Form-EC8B, and the final Ward Results are Calculated at the bottom of the Form-EC8B.
3. At the Local Government Collation Centres, the results of the Wards are Collated inside the Form-EC8C, and the final Local Government Area Results are Calculated at the bottom of the Form-EC8C.
4. At the State Collation Centre, the results of the Local Governments are Collated inside the Form-EC8D, and the final State Results are Calculated at the bottom of the Form-EC8D.
5. Then after the completion of the Form-EC8D at the State level, the results are being transferred into the Form-EC8E, and handed over to the Returning Officer, who now declares the results using the information contained in the Form-EC8E.
So based on this, here is the result to the Edo 2020 Governorship Election held recently –
The First Photo is the Form-EC8D.
The Second Photo is the Form-EC8E