Yorubaland: The entire landmass of the whole Igboland is just 11,355 square kilometres. It, however, has 5 states, 5 governors, 2,000 state assembly’s members, 500 state commissioners, 15 senators, and 41 house of representatives members, all paid salaries and allowances from the Federal Government.
However, Oyo State, just one state in the entire Yorubaland, covers a total of 35,742.84 square kilometres of landmass and three times more than the entire Igboland. But it has 1 governor, 33 state assembly members, 12 state commissioners, 3 senators and 14 house of representatives members, all paid salaries and allowances from the Federal government.
How does the Federal government get money to pay for salaries and allowances of elected political leaders?
The Federal Government takes money from seven revenue generating agencies in Nigeria:
1. Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), 80% of its earnings comes from the South-South region. The Yoruba region contributes the remaining 20% of the NNPC revenue.
2. The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), 95% of its revenue comes from the Yoruba region.
3. The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), 80% of its revenue comes from the Yoruba region.
4. The Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), 90% of its revenue comes from the Yoruba region.
5. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), 60% of its earnings comes from the Yoruba region.
6. The Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), 95% of its revenue comes from the Yoruba region.
7. The Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), 100% of its revenue comes from the South-South region.
The Yoruba contributes 49% of the Federal Government income. The Hausa/Fulani contributes 2.5%, while the Igbo contributes 1.5% of the entire income of the Federal Government.
It’s the Yoruba people who are paying all the wages and allowances of all the Igbo and Hausa/Fulani put together.
Everywhere in the world, it is the wealthy people who rule over the poor people and are well respected for it. Yoruba nation is the most wealthy in Nigeria, but shockingly, the poorer Fulani with the backing of the Igbo has been in power in Nigeria since 1960 ruling over the Yoruba.
How come the poorer black not ruling over the wealthy white in the USA? Why is the poorer Scottish not ruling over the wealthy English in Britain?
Since 1966, the Igbo as a collective has never supported a return to the regional system of government because the unitary system benefits them. They would instead have the states as the Federating Units rather than the Igbo region or Biafraud where they can have non-Igboland as a part of their imaginary Biafra.
There is a need for the Yoruba Youth to understand the importance of self-preservation.
My dear people, Restructuring is the way forward“.
Hon. Woye Muyiwa