Cosmetic Surgery have killed a lot of ladies and some men. Cosmetic surgery is a type of plastic surgery that aims to improve appearance. It includes surgical and nonsurgical procedures that enhance and reshape structures of the body to improve appearance and confidence.
The most common one, buttock lift, is done to improve the appearance of the buttocks. It may be done as part of a tummy tuck (belt lipectomy) or lower body lift to contour the buttocks, groin, thighs and abdomen. A buttock lift alone won’t add any volume to the buttocks.
Buttock augmentation, or gluteal augmentation, is used to improve the contour, size and/or shape of the buttocks. This is done through the use of buttock implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of the two.
Here are five things you should know about your doctor before undergoing cosmetic surgery:
1. Verify the competence of your surgeon: This would determine your safety and outcome of the surgery. Also ensure he is legally registered under the Nigeria Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon (NAPRAS) to perform a plastic surgery. This association is an umbrella body for trained and certified plastic surgeons as well as trainees to guarantee your safety and competence. The association has a varied list of certified plastic surgeons in Nigeria and to ensure your surgeon has had an extensive training specifically in plastic surgery.
2. Find out if your surgeon has operating privileges. These privileges are granted to surgeon based on recommendations by their peers/ colleagues.
Website Designing/Management/Social Media – Iyanu Victor
3. You should look out for accredited ambulatory facility: should a problem arise; this would give you an assurance that your surgeon have all the life support, capabilities, training and equipment to see to life threatening situations.
4. Ask questions on your surgeon’s anesthetist: It is very important to find out your surgeon uses a trained, registered and certified anesthetist as it is one of the riskiest aspects of cosmetic pro surgery.
- Lastly ask about your recovery and how long it would take to return to your usuals