The Anambra Government under the leadership of Willie Obiano, on Wednesday, 22nd April, announced it will commence the sharing of 400 Bags of Rice to 181 Communities in the state.
In press release by the government, signed by Greg I. Obi, Hon. Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, every youth that wants this should get active.
It states that “The State Government is preparing to commence the distribution of four hundred (400) bags of rice to each of the 181 communities of Anambra State.”
“In this regard, the Youth Leader of every community should liaise with the youth and the youth organization in their town to generate a list of four hundred (400) youths and this they should do under the supervision of the Traditional Ruler, President General and woman leader of their community who will vet and concur to the list.”
The Anambra government goes further the state how the sharing will be and who will really benefit from it.
It says that only youths between the ages of 18 to 35 will benefit from the 400 bags of rice in the communities.
The following guidelines will apply in compiling the list:
1. The list of the four hundred (400) should comprise of male and female in approximately equal number.
2. The youth must be between the ages of eighteen (18) and thirty-five (35).
3. The list should contain the name, age and phone number of the youth.
4. No household should have more than one (1) bag in this exercise.
5. The needy and vulnerable should be given priority.
6. The Youth Leader of the community must sign the list so compiled along with the Traditional Ruler, President General and woman leader.
7. The signed submissions are to be made in triplicate copy to Henry Nwasike of Ministry of Local Government, phone number 08035000748 on or before Saturday 25th April 2020 at ABS premises Awka.