National President of the National Union of Benue State Students, Benue State University Chapter, Comrade Manasseh Agudo, has died from suspected food poisoning.
Agudo died on Wednesday only about a month after he was sworn (February 20).
The students had held their convention in February 2021 at the Volleyball Court of the Aper Aku Stadium in Makurdi, where Agudo emerged as the winner.
It was gathered that some days after his swearing-in, he fell ill and on Wednesday, he passed on.
Agudo died on Wednesday evening at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital and his body had been deposited at the BSUTH Mortuary.
“I reached out to the late NUBESS president’s family to confirm his death. They said the young man died from infection suspected to be poison.
Website Designing/Management/Social Media - Iyanu Victor
“He suffered from this infection for days shortly after he resumed office as NUBESS president elect. If it is true that he was poisoned, then I cry for the future of our Benue State.
“I spoke to this dude during the Nasarawa State Polytechnic protest and he issued a good warning to stop the arrests of innocent persons,” a source close to the family said.