British professional boxer, Anthony Yarde has advised people to stay at home after his father reportedly died of Coronavirus.
Anthony Yarde, who said his father had been “fit with no health issues”, urged people to stay at home to help combat the spread of the virus, in a statement released on Instagram.
Yarde wrote: “I’m a very private person and tbh I’m still in shock but maybe this can help people stay at home. My dad passed away from this virus yesterday and he was fit with no health issues. The more people go out and mingle the longer this isolation will last and the more it will spread. I’m not a doctor but I do know if you stay home you are less likely to catch it or pass it on. It’s seriously not worth the risk.”
The 28-year-old British boxer posted the news on his social media in the early hours of Sunday morning along with a message to encourage people to adhere to the government’s advice on the global health crisis.
A statement from Yarde’s promoter, Frank Warren, said: “Frank Warren and everyone at Queensberry Promotions would like to express sincere condolences to Anthony Yarde and his family after the untimely passing of his father.”
“Coronavirus is an issue affecting all of us, but that doesn’t make the individual casualties any less tragic. We hope that his fans listen to Anthony’s heartfelt plea for people to take the government’s advice seriously so we can try and minimise the suffering of others.”
Anthony Yarde is a British professional boxer. As of June 2019, he is ranked as the world’s ninth best active light-heavyweight by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.