RE: IF I WERE SAMDADDY; THE SPONSORED TALE OF A POLITICAL DESPERADO
by IK OGBONNA
I read with surprise the article written by my friend and associate, Mr. FCC Onwuasoanya Jones with the above caption.
My dear friend has earned a reputation for himself in Imo politics well known to all. For the records, FCC Jones started his political “story telling” with Ihedioha camp and as usual fell out with them before joining ex Gov. Ohakim, then Okorocha, Camp Hope briefly and the list goes on.
Since he left the camp of Ihedioha years ago, he only remembers them on the wrong side of his pen. One can therefore imagine my surprise reading from him and his absurd request that Senator SamDaddy drop his Governorship ambition for Hon Emeka Ihedioha even when the electioneering processes for Imo State Governorship seat will commence in 2023.
Additionally, neither has Senator Anyanwu nor Hon. Ihedioha openly declared their intentions to run for the position of governor in 2023.
Website Designing/Management/Social Media – Iyanu Victor
Moreover, I don’t know Jones to meddle in issues pertaining to PDP neither do I know him as a sympathizer of Hon Emeka Ihedioha, my mind therefore leaves me to believe that he wrote on the prodding of certain persons who hitherto believed that the PDP governorship ticket in 2023 is their birthright.
Senator Samuel Nnaemeka Anyanwu, a political marverick, who by the grace of God is currently the National Secretary of the main opposition party in Nigeria, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP is a man who by the dint of the grace of God, loyalty, humility and divine wisdom, rose from the position of Chairman of Ikeduru LGA to a two term member of Imo State House of Assembly before his divine elevation to his current national assignment. Senator Anyanwu is eminently qualified to be Governor of Imo State and even President of Nigeria if he so desires.
Since his recent rejigging of his political structure, Divine Mandate Movement, DMM and the appointment of a Director General in the person of Hon Ngozi Ogbu, certain vested political interests that hitherto believed that the PDP Governorship ticket is theirs for the picking have been rattled and on overdrive.
Certified French Tutor in Nigeria with Years of Experience – Ms Blessing Akpan
Every politician worth his name usually owns and maintains a political structure either to contest for election or to support any aspirant of his/her choice or to use as a bargain for power. Chief Achike Udenwa has his REDEMPTION family, Gov. Rochas Okorocha has RESCUE MISSION, Gov. Hope Uzodimma has Camp Hope etc. One is therefore surprised over the recent frenzy about an appointment of a DG of a political structure that has been in existence for close to ten years now.
I would wish at this juncture, to clear certain misconceptions, false narrative and outright lies contained in this cocktail of falsehood as follows:
- Contrary to FCC Jones’ claims that Ihedioha fully supported Senator Anyanwu for the position of PDP National Secretary, this is false and unfair, the truth of the matter is that Emeka Ihedioha and his cabals sponsored two persons, (1) Cyril I.D Maduabum and (2) Okey Muo-Aroh from Anambra state for the position of National Secretary.
- The first person, Cyril ID Maduabum, who is currently the Director General of PDP Governor’s Forum served as Chief of Staff to Emeka Ihedioha as Deputy Speaker.
- It is on record that Emeka Ihedioha used the cover of Cyril ID Maduabum to award, divert and execute most contracts in Imo state during his interregnum at the House of Representatives.
- Cyril ID Maduabum was disqualified by PDP screening committee for failing or refusing to resign as Director General of PDP Governor’s Forum while the second person, Mr. Okey Muo-Aroh was disqualified for dragging PDP to court and failing to withdraw the matter.
- To fight Senator Anyanwu by proxy, Emeka Ihedioha used one Ikenga Ugochinyere Imo to drag PDP to Court and sought to stop or restrain anyone from conducting the House of Assembly, House of Representatives and Senatorial primaries with the 3 man Adhoc delegates apart from the Statutory delegates.
- Emeka Ihedioha also used Ikenga Ugochinyere Imo and his cohorts to Petition the NEC of PDP seeking for the removal of Senator Anyanwu as PDP National Secretary. However, after finding out that the petition lacked merit, the party threw it into the dustbin of history.
- Emeka Ihedioha has consistently used certain individuals to attack Senator Anyanwu in the media for no just cause.
Why would Sam Daddy step down his ambition for a man who in 2015 was awarded PDP guber ticket and failed woefully. In 2019, PDP gave Emeka Ihedioha it’s Governorship ticket again after it was obvious to all that Senator Anyanwu had won the primary election.
Phones/Laptops/CCTV Installations – iHouse
By a twist of fate, Ihedioha “won” the general election but due to personal inadequacies, unforgiving spirit and political inexperience, the then opposition party in Imo state through its candidate, Senator Hope Uzodinma ambushed him and took the mandate via a Supreme Court judgement.
To show his vindictiveness, in 2018/2019, Emeka Ihedioha working via proxy as usual sponsored the purported suspension and later “expulsion” of Senator Anyanwu from PDP. It was only on the intervention of the then National Working Committee (NWC) under Prince Uche Secondus that reversed the whole charade and illegal exercise.
Let it be made known and clear that Imo PDP does not belong to anyone, political party is like a church open to all. Having failed twice to win the governorship seat after OBTAINING the candidacy of PDP, it will be unfair, apolitical, vexatious and uncalled for for Emeka Ihedioha to yet again obtain the PDP Governorship ticket.
Imo PDP needs a breathe of fresh air. The worst thing that will happen to PDP in 2023 is to still allow Emeka Ihedioha to be the Governorship candidate of the party especially with his open support for a Northern candidate during the recent presidential primary election of the PDP.
It is remarkable that since his emergence as PDP National Scribe and even before assuming office, Senator Anyanwu had and is still going about wooing people into PDP. The interesting thing about this is that, most of these individuals returning back to the party were humiliated, insulted, embarrassed and chased out from the party by Emeka Ihedioha and his cohorts due to their inability to accept any other leader in Imo PDP outside their MASTER, Hon Emeka Ihedioha.
SamDaddy as Distinguished Senator Samuel Nnaemeka Anyanwu is better known is not a desperate politician, he believes in God as the ultimate arbiter and determiner of his fate.
Outside politics, SamDaddy has a life and has well known second address to fall back on. He is a humble, easygoing and free minded man that mingles both with the high and lowly on equal terms.