What fruits have the lowest sugar content?
Fruit contains two types of sugar: fructose and glucose. The proportions of each vary, but most fruits are about half glucose and half fructose. Glucose raises blood sugar, so the body must use insulin to metabolize it.
There is no absolutely sugar-free fruit. 100g of fruit containing less than 10g of sugar is called low-sugar fruit.
Mostfruits are sweet because of their high sugar content.
These 6 fruits are the fruits with the lowest sugar content:
- 100 grams of cucumber contains 1.6 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of tomatoes contain 2.2 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of watermelon contains 4.5 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of strawberries contain 5.5 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of lemon contains 8.4 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of plums contain 8.7 grams of sugar
These 6 kinds of fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and other nutrients, which are very suitable for people with high blood sugar.